Pining for Caturday...

Uuugh, I'm just gonna sleep thru the week...wake me up next year, k?

Exactly my expression this morning...except I have eye bags to go with insufficient sleep. Also I'm not covered with soft fur and replete with whiskers. No I'm not.

Totally off-topic: I did have a major breakthrough today. There was a particular song that was infrequently on the radio, and for more than 1 month it has snagged my ear neither betraying the name nor the artists of the song. The accent in the song was also too heavy for me to pick out coherent lyrics. Gah the FRUSTRATION!

Well, this afternoon the song came on, and I hung on to every (word). I managed to get 3 lines and , luck of luck, I deciphered the name of the song from the Dj's garbled speech. This was followed by some frantic googling with the name "Heartbeats" and the verse "we had a promise made" and bingo! Finally. The song is "Heartbeats" by "The Knife", a Swedish brother and sis combo. Originally I had trawled for songs under Bjork's name, then Robyn (I wasn't too far off there, she's Swedish as well, and had a fair bit of electronica going on). And there you have it, the fulfillment of my shallow life.

They seem like an interesting pair, I'm gonna check out the other videos they have.
http://www.theknife.net/

Heartbeats was also covered by another dude, José Gonzales, and was subsequently used in a Sony Bravia ad:
Sony Bravia Balls Ad
I must admit I like those Bravia ads, it was all I could do not to squeal in delight at the thousands of bouncing colourful rubber balls pelting down a hill. Fun! :D Also their other ad with the paint explosion at an apartment building is a good watch. :)
The Paint Ad

Ok, that's more than enough from me, gotta go and feed the cat. so that it may grow and eclipse all life therefore attaining planethood. Seriously, we are not that far off. -_-

No comments: