Gingero

Gingero was my cousin's cat. He was large of girth, but somewhat lacking in courage. My earliest memory was of him running off (surprisingly fast for a cat his size) and hiding under the bed. It did not help that he had small years set on a small head set on a large body...

Gingero had a full 18 years of life, quite an age for a cat. Even with his advanced age his fur was still a vibrant orange, and his eyes looked sharp. These photos were taken last year when I went back to Malaysia for my cousin's wedding.

The only indication of age was how stiff his joints were.

Getting belly-rubbed.

A hefty sumo cat ;)

End of belly-rub.

Lounging.

Catching sunbeams.

He had the backyard all to himself. A happily retired cat.

My uncle and his family went for 'Qin Min' and left Gingero in the care of a neighbor. The neighbor found him dead with bits of fur all around and some blood, so it was hypothesized that he'd had a heart-attack while defending his territory...

Which prompted my uncle to quip: "He lived a coward, but died a hero." R.I.P. Gingero. He was a whole lotta cat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:'( R.I.P. gingero....